Admission to the Sixth Form
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s grade C or grade 5 and above are required to get into a Level 3 ( A Level or BTEC) programme. It is possible to take A Level courses, BTEC courses or a combination of both. There are individual entry criteria for each subject; so please read the prospectus very carefully. A number of subjects require B grades or a grade 6 at GCSE to ensure access to the course. If a grade 4 or above is not achieved at GCSE English or Mathematics we do offer a resit programme along side programmes of study.
September 2016 saw the second stage of the changes to the structure of A Levels. These changes mean that the majority of A Levels will no longer be modular but assessed at the end of the course. A number of changes have been made to some BTEC courses, including external assessment.
We offer the following:
- Reading Leader Programme
- Curriculum Assistance
- Extended Project Qualification
- Private Study periods
- Staff Assistance volunteering
- Student Leadership Team (SLT)
- Realising Opportunities Programme in partnership with Exeter University
- The Social Mobility Programme
- Bristol University Open day
- Oxford University residential
- New York City trip
- Many other volunteering opportunities